I’d like to share one of my favorite delicious, high-protein and festive Halloween meals: Mummy Meatloaf!
- 2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef (75-80% lean)
- 1 pound ground organ meat (I prefer the “pet food” from US Wellness Meats)
- 4 tbs. organic tomato paste
- 2 tsp. each basil, cayenne pepper, oregano, rosemary and thyme
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ea sea salt & black or white pepper
- Your favorite white cheese sliced into “bandages” or mashed cauliflower to cover mummy
- Black olive slices for eyes
- Mix contents into a large bowl thoroughly while preheating the oven to 325 degrees.
- When mixed, place into a glass cooking dish and press into a mummy shape.
- Bake covered for 90 minutes or until cooked through.
- Take off foil and “bandage” mummy with cheese slices or cover with mashed cauliflower and put on olive eyes.
- Bake uncovered for a couple of minutes until cheese begins to melt…but don’t bake too long or the cheese won’t look at all like bandages (see below).
This meatloaf is also quite tasty with cut up veggies inside so feel free to add a bit of mushroom, spinach, carrot, bell pepper or whatever your healthy heart desires.
For kids, mummy meatloaf cupcakes topped with mashed cauliflower and olive eyes are a hit!
Tastes great with some Witch’s Brew healthy cider. Try more fabulous Halloween recipes here.
Have a hauntingly healthy Halloween!