Nothing like a yummy apple crisp to make the whole house smell like the holidays. Enjoy this awesome recipe throughout apple season!
Recipe modified from Elana’s Pantry.
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 5 medium apples (preferably organic), I keep the peel on
- Cut apples in half, use melon baller to scoop out seeds.
- Slice apples about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put apples into large glass baking dish (8×13).
- Mix almond flour, spices, salt, stevia, vanilla, and butter together in a large bowl and then pour on top of apples.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350. Uncover and broil on low for 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Serves 6.
I strongly recommend enjoying this crisp with a large dollop of fresh whipped cream. Not only does it taste great, but it adds healthy fat which balances out the carbs from the apples. Healthy noms.