Top 10 non-edible Halloween treats
Tired of giving out candy year after year to trick-or-treaters? Here are ten affordable ideas you can try this year. There are many good reasons to give out candy substitutes and before you roll your eyes and say, “What’s the big deal? It’s only once a year,” realize that Halloween is not the only time of year kids eat candy: it’s one of the several times during the year that kids are bombarded with amounts of sugar that are seriously overwhelming to their developing bodies and minds. Here are some benefits to passing out non-edible treats this year:
- Sugar is more addictive than cocaine.
- Reinforce that “treats” and junk food are not the same thing. Treats aren’t a good name for something that harms your body and brain.
- Sugar promotes tooth decay.
- Sugar-induced headaches
- Weakened immune system (spikes in blood sugar coincide with more sick days)
- Growing obesity epidemic
- Poor quality fats, trans fats, in commercial candy
Top 10 non-edible Halloween treats:
- Halloween mad libs: print off copies of a template or make up your own.
- Temporary tattoos
- Spider rings
- Pencils: Halloween themed or not, pencils are always useful
- Erasers or eco-friendly pencil toppers
- Small toys
- Glow-stick jewelry: great for all ages and promotes safety.
- Natural softdough
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
Edible Treats Body Powder Gold…
[…] eager to share her expertise with anyone looking to choose a healthier lifestyl […]…
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!