One fine Fall day, my daughter and I embarked on a seasonal baking adventure: pumpkin spice cookies! I modified Maria Emmerich’s Pumpkin Whoopie Pie recipe from her cookbook The Art of Eating Healthy (for kids). They’re awesome! Great flavor (like pumpkin pie) with a texture similar to banana bread…and the best part is that they’re nutrient dense, gluten-free, sugar-free, high in protein & totally healthy! That’s my kind of cookie. 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 TBS butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia extract
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 5 large chicken eggs
- 1 cup canned OR fresh pumpkin
- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Grease 2 large cookie sheets with butter or coconut oil.
- Drop spoon-sized dollops of batter 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets (12 per sheet).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cookies are springy and firm to the touch. Makes 24 cookies.
Enjoy & Happy Holidays!!!!