Bison stroganoff with Caboodles
Just had to share this delicious new recipe with y’all! Why do I love it (besides that it is SUPER tasty & easy to make!)? It’s loaded with iron, B vitamins, CLA (fats that help YOUR BODY burn fat) & antioxidants.
- 1 lb grassfed bison (buffalo), cubed
- 2 Tablespoons grassfed/organic butter
- 1/2 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, cubed (I used portobellos)
- 1/2 cup organic sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 pinch mace
- sea salt to taste
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 T. butter to cook cabbage noodles in
- Add butter and bison cubes to a large skillet on medium-low heat and cover. Cook for 5 minutes (don’t need to stir).
- While cooking, chop up mushrooms and leek and add after the bison has cooked for 5 minutes.
- Add spices (mace, paprika, and sea salt). Turn the heat to low and let cook with lid on for 10-15 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, take out a large skillet. Cut the cabbage in half down the middle and remove the stem/core. Lay each half flat side down and slice from top to bottom in 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Melt butter in large skillet and add the cabbage noodles. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes until fork tender.
- Turn heat off of stroganoff and stir in sour cream. Done!