Easy & Lazy Dinner Recipe
After a long day, I love this recipe! It’s nourishing, delicious, and SIMPLE!
- 1 package of grass-fed beef hot dogs (I love the sugar-free ones by U.S. Wellness Meats), OR chicken or turkey dogs if you prefer
- 1 large sweet potato (get a huge one, preferably a hanna white sweet potato, but yams are also delicious)
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Ghee OR bacon fat OR duck fat OR coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- OPTIONAL: Sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use a spiral slicer to slice the sweet potato into long curly noodles and place on a cookie sheet (This is the one I have).
- Melt fat on low heat and then pour over sweet potato noodles
- Sprinkle salt over the sweet potato noodles (you can also add other spices if you’d like, such as turmeric)
- Place hot dogs on top of sweet potato noodles and stick the whole thing in the oven for 20-25 mins
- Take hot dogs off the top and put on a plate. Stir around the sweet potato noodles.
- OPTIONAL: Put the oven on BROIL for 3-7 mins until they get a little crispy (watch them so they don’t burn).
- Serve with mustard and sauerkraut…or any other vegetable for that matter!