Chicken Parmesan (dairy optional)
- 3 pounds chicken thighs (we prefer bone in and skin on, but you can use skinless if you prefer)
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes (look for organic and BPA-free cans such as Muir Glen or Bionaturae)
- 1 can black olives (whole or sliced, your preference)
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms, we prefer shiitakes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T rosemary
- 2 tsps thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Optional: Onions, garlic, bell pepper, other veggies like zucchini, chopped spinach, oregano or other herbs…and Parmesan cheese! Dairy has been on my hit list lately, so I’ve been making this recipe without cheese and it is great.
- Salt both sides of chicken thighs and place in large glass cooking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil on thighs.
- Sprinkle herbs , mushrooms, olives, and spinach (and optional ingredients) on chicken.
- Pour crushed tomatoes on top of everything.
- Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours at 250 degrees. It tastes better cooking it longer at a lower heat, so set the timer and go play~you’ll come back to a yummy smelling house and fabulous meal.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!