Here’s a fun Halloween recipe for you to enjoy any time of the year!
- 2 medium organic zucchini
- 1 cup organic pesto sauce (made with olive oil, not canola or soy, like Pasta Mike’s brand) or homemade pesto sauce
- Organic roasted red pepper (homemade or jar), sliced lengthwise
- Mozzarella (or use cherry tomatoes if dairy intolerant)
- Black olives
- *Add protein of your choice on the side if desired (eggs, sausage, tempeh, fish, chicken)
- Pre-heat oven to 250.
- Spiral slice zucchini into noodles
- Line a cookie sheet with paper towels and spread zoodles out on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When done, toss with pesto sauce in a pan on low heat until warm.
- Slice mozzarella to make the eyes, cut the ends off of 2 olives and put on top of mozzarella (*or use cherry tomatoes, sliced hard-boiled egg…get creative!)
- Use a long slice of roasted red pepper for the tongue (great idea from the Inspiralized site).
Enjoy this delicious meal!