Do you want to feel vibrant, healthy, independent, and strong for as much of your life as possible?
Your healthspan is the length of your life spent in good health versus your life span which is your total years lived.
Focus on Quality of Life
When you focus on living quality years, this naturally attracts you toward healthier habits. Think about the cumulative effect of your current habits. It’s so easy to rationalize unhealthy habits one day to the next (we say things like “Today was hard, I’ll eat better tomorrow”), but when you set your intention to living a life of QUALITY, that expanded viewpoint allows you to see that rationalizing comes at an extremely high cost.
As we age (and we are all aging), our bodies become less forgiving. Dr. Peter Attia discusses a concept called backcasting which essentially describes that if we want to be strong, healthy and functional in our older years, we must invest in it early on. And it really does work like an investment. Every workout you do, healthy meal you eat, and tool that you use to support your mental health helps you to have improved likelihood of better quality of life throughout your life. The opposite is also true: we pay dearly for poor habits. They always catch up with us.
5 Tools For Improving Your Healthspan
- Eat a high quality diet with sufficient protein, fiber, and nutrients. Keeping your blood sugar stable is incredibly important for decreasing disease risk, keeping your energy levels up, and your body composition healthy. Focus on delicious AND nutritious!
- Manage your stress and support your mental emotional health. Emotional self-regulation techniques like HeartMath are extremely effective. So is meditation, yoga, breathing techniques, movement, journaling, time in nature, therapy and more.
- Move your body often AND exercise. Building muscle and maintaining muscle is VITAL to being able to continue to function independently as we age, maintain good balance, and prevent falling/injuries.
- Get enough quality sleep, 7-8 hrs/night.
- Quality connections with others–social support is essential. Spend time either one-on-one or in groups of people that you feel supported by, cared about, and aligned with. Bonus is to do some socializing outside and physically active!
I hope that this information empowers you towards the diet and lifestyle changes that can add quality and years to your life.
It is my passion to work with people like you whose health symptoms are getting in the way of you living life fully and with a sense of freedom in your body. I can help you to regain your health so you can feel great and free to enjoy life fully.
If you need or want help improving your healthspan, that is what I do! Don’t waste another second–Apply for a complimentary Unstoppable Health Discovery Session. http://bit.ly/schedulinghealth (subject to availability).
Until next time, I’m wishing you unstoppable health!