Get ready for some deliciousness!
One of my clients gave me a recipe a decade ago of one of his favorite meals. It served as great inspiration for this tasty recipe I’m about to share with you.
- 6 chicken thighs (preferably with bones and skin)
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth (bone broth)
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 large can (14.5 ounces) of organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 T lime juice
- 2 inches of cinnamon stick (remove upon serving)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 T collagen powder (to thicken)
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 package Miracle Shirataki Rice (optional)
- Put coconut oil in a large, deep skillet on medium heat.
- When oil is melted, add chicken thighs. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn thighs over, add onions and garlic, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add all spices, broth, coconut milk, lime juice, jalapenos, bell pepper and carrots. Cook covered for 30 minutes at a simmer.
- Reduce temperature to low and stir in peanut butter and collagen powder, mixing thoroughly. If you want to serve with Miracle Rice, cook it now (takes less than 5 minutes, follow directions on package).
- Turn off heat and add spinach leaves to stew and stir completely. Serve in bowls with or without rice. Yummy!