Unbelievably DELICIOUS Gluten Free, Paleo Fried Chicken
I’ve got a fantastic recipe to share with you today!!!
First off, in case you didn’t hear, my new eBook Pleasure Meditation: Your Guide to Joyful Stress Reduction launched last week! The reviews have been awesome and I am so grateful to everyone who got a copy and helped spread the news about this simple 3-minute guide, that teaches you exactly how to boost your feelings of pleasure AND melt away feelings of stress. It’s changing people’s lives (and goodness knows we could all benefit from feeling less stress!).
Thank you!!! To show my gratitude, I’ve decided to keep it on sale for 99 cents for another week. Grab it up if you haven’t already. Click the following links to hear my podcast interview on Wellness Force Radio and video interview on SoulGarden Health.
Okay, recipe time! My hubby’s favorite birthday meal from his childhood is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas.
For his birthday this year, I looked at probably 15 different recipes online and in cookbooks to try to find one that I’d feel good about eating and feeding to my family. I decided to go with this recipe by Crunchy Mama with a couple of adjustments and it was AWESOME!!! See my modified ingredient list below:
- 3 lb chicken pieces with skin and bone
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk (original recipe calls for almond milk, but I wasn’t happy with the ingredients in all the almond milks I reviewed)
- 3-5 TBSP melted butter or olive oil (I used butter!)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Cajun spices (I didn’t have these)
- 1 tsp white pepper (oops, I was out so I had to use black)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400
- Prepare an oven grilling tray. You can use a lined baking sheet and set a grill rack on top. Brush some butter or olive oil on the grill so the chicken won’t stick (I just used my ceramic baking tray and the chicken didn’t really stick to it and it came out nice and crispy).
- In a small bowl, mix together all the seasoning except for paprika and then divide in half
- Add paprika to one half and mix this well into the chicken pieces. Set aside.
- Take the other half of the seasoning and mix with almond flour in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg and milk
- Taking one chicken piece at a time, dip in egg and milk mixture and coat in flour mixture and set on a plate. You can make this process go quickly by using one hand to dip the chicken in the egg and using your second hand to handle the chicken in the flour. Let the chicken sit for 10 minutes
- Coat each chicken pieces in flour again (not the egg!) and set on the grilling tray
- Drizzle butter or olive oil over all the chicken pieces
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken pieces are nice and brown and cooked through
Our family LOVED this fried chicken and we will definitely be adding this to our family favorites. Try it out and let me know what you think. 🙂
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!