Healthy Halloween Recipe Lineup!
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Halloween. Decorating, themed foods, dressing up…YES!!! 🙂
Today I’d like to help support you in your health journey by sharing some fun & tasty holiday inspired recipes. You can spread them out throughout the month for variety to your weekly menu or wow your guests at a Halloween party.
Here are 13 Hauntingly Healthy Halloween Recipes just for you!
- Gnarled witches hands: 1 T olive oil, 4 free-range boneless and skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup almond flour, 1 egg beaten, pitted black olives halved lengthwise, and shredded lettuce. Preparation: Grease cookie sheet with oil, set aside. Carefully cut chicken breasts part way to create five fingers (the uncut part will be the palm of the hand). Dip in beaten egg and then almond meal. Broil 5 minutes on each side till golden brown and cooked through. Trim the fingertips with the halved black olives and serve on lettuce.
- Zoodle Monster
- Monster fingers and goblin goo: Using cream cheese, hummus, or even nut butter as “glue”, attach items that look like fingernails onto your favorite sliced veggies or cheese sticks (ex: cranberries on jicama sticks, almonds on carrots, and olives on celery). Use mashed up avocado for dip or add a couple drops of natural green food coloring to organic ranch dressing (crushed chlorella or liquid chlorophyll works well and is available at health food stores such as Way of Life, New Leaf, Herb Room, Staff of Life or Whole Foods).
- Leeches on a log: Celery sticks with nut butter and raisins (ants on a log with a spookier name).
- Spider web dip: Layered bean dip with sour cream piping to make it look like a web.
- Bloody eyeballs: Deviled eggs with olive in center and tomato sauce drawn blood vessels to look like they are bloodshot (put tomato sauce in plastic bag and cut the tip off the corner so you can draw with the sauce). For a more gourmet recipe, click here. You can also just used mashed avocado in the center of the eggs with an olive center for a “Moldy eyeball” dish instead.
- Mummy meatloaf: Your favorite meatloaf recipe shaped like a mummy with a thin layer of either mashed cauliflower, mashed potatoes, or Swiss cheese, and olives for eyes.
- Black cat dip
- Zombie fingers (can use jicama instead of cheese for dairy free!)
10. Vampire apples
11.Witch’s soup: Serve any soup you want in a pumpkin (ex: beef and veggie, creamy tomato, or butternut squash).
13. Mummy Hot Dogs
Happy & Healthy Halloween!!!