Potassium Broth for Immunity and More!
With the threat of the corona virus going around, I want to share with you a simple recipe to boost your immunity. Potassium broth is a powerful elixir to promote your immune health.
Potassium is an electrolyte that works together with sodium to regulate your fluid balance, control your heart rhythm and blood pressure, regulate digestion, and maintain nerve impulses, muscle contractions and pH balance.
With that being said, potassium is very important for your body to maintain its vital functions. Lack of potassium results in fatigue, weakness, and constipation. These symptoms can go worse to paralysis, respiratory failure, and painful gut obstructions.
Since your body doesn’t produce potassium, you should be getting it from your diet. It is recommended that adults consume 4,700 mg of potassium per day. Sadly, though, less than 2% of Americans meet the RDA.
You can take potassium supplements, but food sources are healthier. The best food sources of potassium are fresh foods (versus canned or processed).
There are a lot of foods that contain potassium:
- Bananas, oranges, and avocados
- White beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Lima beans
Potassium Broth Benefits
Another way to get potassium is potassium broth.
Potassium broth can:
- Strengthen your immune system.
- Help prevent you from catching colds and flu (and get over them more quickly).
- Fights cancer and diseases.Potassium broth is prepared from vegetables that contain phytochemicals, chemical compounds in plants other than vitamins and minerals. These phytochemicals serve as the plants’ defense against predators, pathogens and competitors. If they can do so for themselves, it means they can also fight pathogens and diseases in our body.
- Rejuvenates and hastens recovery. Moms who have just given birth or people who have been ill or just came out of surgery need this tonic to regain their energy and aid them back to health.
- Prevents muscle weakness, twitching, and cramps. For pregnant women and the elderly, leg cramps are very common. A sip of potassium broth every night is a great home remedy for this problem.
A not-so-secret ingredient to increase the absorption of potassium and minerals in the gut is a tablespoon of liquid whey in a cup of potassium broth (omit if you are sensitive to dairy).
Now here are 3 potassium broth recipes you don’t wanna miss:
- The Healthy Home Economist’s Potassium Broth for Rapid Recovery and Rejuvenation
- Nourished Root’s Immunity Boosting Potassium Broth
- Dr. Ginsburg’s Immune Broth
It is my passion to work with people like you whose health symptoms are getting in the way of you living life fully and with a sense of freedom in your body. I can help you to regain your health so you can feel great and free to enjoy life fully.
If you’re ready to discover where your best health has been hiding, I’d love to connect with you!
Apply for a complimentary Unstoppable Health Discovery Session. http://bit.ly/schedulinghealth (subject to availability).
Until next time, I’m wishing you unstoppable health!