Having an upset stomach is awful–no one wants to experience queasiness, vomiting, or diarrhea. But you’ve heard the expression “don’t kill the messenger”, right? When your body has a symptom, like an upset stomach, it’s your body telling you that something isn’t working well for you or that something is wrong.
Sometimes we need to develop our detective skills to be able to discover what is wrong–much as we’d like it to be, it’s not always simple or quickly fixable.
While you’re exploring the root cause of your upset tummy (or other symptoms), it’s great to have some relief.
Coriander oil comes from coriander, also known as cilantro seeds, or the Coriandrum sativum plant. The essential oils and the chemical compounds in coriander oil make it helpful in soothing an upset stomach and its accompanying symptoms.
Some of these compounds are:
- Cineole (eucalyptol) – a compound that eases pain in the joints. Since stomach upset may produce pain in other areas of the body, it helps when joint pain is one of your symptoms.
- Borneol – an upset stomach with diarrhea may be caused by harmful microbes and fungi. Borneol aids in digestion, peristalsis, and has antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties.
- Citronellol – this compound is both antiseptic and antimicrobial. It also promotes healing especially if you have ulcers.
- Magnesium – an upset stomach can cause muscle spasms. Magnesium eases the spasms by relaxing the muscles.
- Antihistamine – multiple studies have shown that coriander can help with seasonal allergies by acting as an antihistamine.
Aside from treating an upset stomach, coriander oil also comes with many other benefits that it earned the nickname “The Wonder Herb.”
Coriander can be consumed as a spice in your cooking, put into a tea, or taken as a concentrated an oil that you can add into your food or just on its own to support your body’s natural healing process.
It is my passion to work with people like you whose health symptoms are getting in the way of you living life fully and with a sense of freedom in your body. I can help you to regain your health so you can feel great and free to enjoy life fully.
If you’re ready to discover where your best health has been hiding, I’d love to connect with you!
Apply for a complimentary Unstoppable Health Discovery Session. bit.ly/schedulinghealth (subject to availability).
Until next time, I’m wishing you unstoppable health!