Superhero Chocolate Chip Cookies
Before digging out your old cookie recipe that’s full of sugar and flour that’ll send your blood sugar through the roof (and make you more likely to catch whatever nasty cold is going around), consider this: A completely healthy cookie recipe that TASTES just as delicious….maybe even more delicious. Send your excuses packing (i.e. “I don’t make cookies that often so I’ll just eat the “good ones””, “Those healthy cookie recipes aren’t as good”) and kindly stop and listen. You can enjoy delicious tasty treats that are also good for you. This recipe, modified from Maria Emmerich’s Nutritious and Nutritious Journal, is a great way to start!
- 1 cup butter (preferably grassfed and/or organic) OR coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1-1.5 cups Swerve or Just Like Brown Sugar (I used 1 cup and it was perfect, but I like things less sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 3 ounces of your favorite chocolate, chopped into chocolate chip sizes. I used 1/2 bar each of Lindt 70% cocoa and Lindt 90% cocoa. You can also used ChocoPerfection Bars which are sweetened with chicory root.
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- Add egg, vanilla, and sweetener and blend thoroughly.
- While mixing, add in the rest of the ingredients (chocolate last).
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and push flat (3/4 inch thick) on parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
- Bake for 17-20 mins or until golden brown. Cool completely.
These cookies were so super delicious–and even better that they don’t have an immunosuppressant effect OR send your blood sugar on a roller coaster ride to Lethargy-ville like treats with sugar and flour. Makes about 24 small cookies. Enjoy with some full-fat raw or organic milk 🙂
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!