Pumpkin Bourbon Cheesecake
Both festive and healthy, this dessert fits the bill.
- 1 cup raw organic pecans
- 1/2 cup organic almond flour
- 1 organic egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. melted organic butter
- 1 T molasses
- 1 T coconut sap
- 1 1/2 cups organic pumpkin puree (1 -15 oz. can)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (fine)
- 24 oz. organic cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. bourbon whiskey
- 5/8 cup organic sour cream
- 40 drops vanilla cream stevia
- 2 organic duck eggs, beaten
For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
This pie crust absolutely could not be easier. It’s just crushed pecans and melted butter!
- 6 oz Roughly chopped or crushed pecans (preferably pre-soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 2 T butter, ghee, or refined coconut oil (better for higher heats used in baking)
Melt butter/ghee or coconut oil in a pan on low heat. While melting, finely chop pecans with a knife or blend in food processor for a finer texture. Place into glass pie pan and drizzle with melted butter. Press into a crust shape along the bottom and up the side of the dish.
Bake for 15-20 mins until very slightly crisp.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Combine the pumpkin, coconut sap, molasses, 40 drops stevia, 1/8 c. sour cream, beaten eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and bourbon until smooth. Combine with the sour cream and pumpkin mixture.
- Pour over the pre-baked crust. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the center shows little to no movement when the pan is tapped. Set aside to cool.
Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the remaining sour cream, 1 T. bourbon, and 4-10 drops of stevia (to taste) together in a small bowl.
- Spread over the cooled cheesecake. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until well chilled.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!