Mmm, sausage. No bread. No starchy carbs. Just herby, meaty goodness to serve alongside your turkey and healthy cranberry sauce.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 packs of button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons each, rosemary, thyme, and sage, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp each, fennel seeds, anise, and paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
**Note: Adjust stuffing measurements accordingly depending on amount of people being served. This stuffing filled a 16 lb turkey, as well as a 5 qt braising pan.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place bell pepper, mushrooms, and celery into skillet and saute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground pork, onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, sage, fennel seeds, anise, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Add ground pork mixture to skillet, and cook until pork is browned slightly.
- Remove from heat, and discard any liquid in the pan.
Compliments of Primal Palate. Yummers.
The holidays are a wonderful time to share healthy food with those you love the most. Fill ’em up with the good stuff. 🙂