Here’s another fun Halloween recipe you and your kiddos are sure to enjoy!
- 1 package of grass-fed beef hot dogs (I love the sugar-free ones by U.S. Wellness Meats), OR chicken or turkey dogs if you prefer
- 1 large sweet potato (preferably a hanna white sweet potato)
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Ghee OR bacon fat OR duck fat OR coconut oil
- Small amount of ketchup, mayo or mustard for eyes (after cooked)
- OPTIONAL on the side: Sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use a spiral slicer to slice the sweet potato into long curly noodles and place on a cookie sheet (This is the one I have).
- Cut hot dogs in half and wrap with a small amount of sweet potato noodles, leaving a little opening so you can add a couple dots for eyes after baking
- Lay on greased cooking rack or cookie sheet
- Melt fat on low heat and drizzle over your mummies
- Bake for 20-25 mins
- OPTIONAL: Put the oven on BROIL for 3-7 mins until they get a little crispy (watch them so they don’t burn).
- Remove from oven, put on a plate and add eyes to the mummies with sauce of choice
- Serve with mustard and sauerkraut…or any other vegetable for that matter!