Show your health some love on Valentine’s Day. Instead of loading up on sugar, try some of these amazing lower sugar alternatives.
Sweets that are sweet to your health:
- Strawberries with chocolate whipped cream (heck, even plain strawberries are delicious and only 8 grams of carbs in 3.5 ounces~about 1/2 cup).
- Dark-chocolate dipped coconut, nuts or berries. If you choose a chocolate with high cocoa content to melt, the sugar ingested is minimal.
- Organic cheese platter with slices of pear or berries.
- Tapioca pudding with stevia
- New York Cheesecake with vanilla stevia
Using sugar alternatives like xylitol, stevia, coconut sugar, and sucanat are beneficial for blood sugar balance, weight loss and maintenance, oral health, digestive health and the immune system.