Before digging out your old cookie recipe that’s full of sugar and flour that’ll send your blood sugar through the roof and your skinny jeans out of commission, consider this: A completely healthy cookie recipe that TASTES just as delicious….maybe even more delicious. Send your excuses packing (i.e. “I don’t make cookies that often so I’ll just eat the “good ones”, “Those healthy cookie recipes aren’t as good”) and kindly stop and listen. You can enjoy delicious tasty treats that are also good for you.
- 1 cup butter (i.e. 16 tablespoons, 2 sticks), room temp (preferably grassfed and/or organic) OR coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1-1.5 cups coconut Lakanto (monk fruit and erythritol blend) OR palm sugar OR xylitol OR Swerve (I used 1 cup and it was perfect, but I like things less sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate, chopped into chocolate chip sizes. Lily’s chocolate chips, Equal Exchange and Alter Eco are all great. You can also use ChocoPerfection Bars which are sweetened with chicory root.
- Blend butter, egg, vanilla, and sweetener thoroughly in large mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- While mixing, add in the rest of the ingredients (chocolate last).
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place dough into tablespoon sized balls and push flat (3/4 inch thick) on parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
- Bake for 17-20 mins or until golden brown. Cool completely.
Makes about 24 small cookies.
These cookies were so super delicious–and won’t sabotage your energy or waistline like treats with sugar and flour.