How to Naturally Lose Weight without Counting Calories
Yes! You read it right. You can actually lose weight–naturally–without counting calories. As discussed last week, the technique “calories in, calories out” is oversimplified and fraught with myths.
Instead of putting a lot of time, energy and attention on calorie counting, I invite you to start learning another approach to weight loss (or as I prefer to call it, weight release).
What you need are foods that do the following:
- Balance your blood sugar levels
- Increase your metabolism
And the result of eating these foods on a daily basis are:
- A boost in energy
- Adequate sleep — goodbye insomnia!
- No more unnecessary cravings
- Normal bodily functions
With this in mind, let me share with you some foods that could do this!
- Black coffee — Oh the perks of being a coffee drinker! Aside from the burst in energy and concentration, coffee boosts metabolism for a short time.
- Green tea — It is rich in antioxidants and is associated with many health benefits, including increased energy and selective fat burning.
- Spicy foods — The natural chemicals in spicy foods increase your metabolic rate.
- Fiber-rich foods — These foods cause you to feel full because they help release satiety hormones: you will naturally eat less without even trying! Aside from that, fiber feeds the good bacteria in your gut so you’ll reap more benefits. Fruits and vegetables are rich in fiber.
- Probiotics — Obese people have different gut microbiome patterns than normal-weight individuals. One way to nurture a healthy gut microbiome is to take probiotics from food sources (like sauerkraut, kim chee, yogurt, etc), make sure you feed your gut flora with prebiotics, and consider probiotic supplements.
- Protein — A high-protein diet gives you that feeling of fullness and reduces your appetite. Protein also boosts metabolism for up to 80-100 calories a day. Eggs, meat, seafood, poultry, tempeh, cottage cheese, certain nuts and seeds, and a variety of high-quality protein powders are great sources of protein.
In addition to choosing the right foods for your body (which is best done with metabolic pattern testing!), hydration, sufficient sleep, managing your day-to-day stress, and moving your body throughout the day are hugely important not only for the weight release but also for your physical, mental, and emotional health.
Another tip I can share is to practice mindful eating, meaning you have to be conscious of your food choices, increase your awareness while eating, and listen to your body’s needs. By doing so, you will be able to choose the right foods for you and combat emotional eating and overeating.
It is my passion is to work with people like you whose health symptoms–like low energy, gut/digestive issues, excess weight, mood imbalance, chronic infections, and skin & sleep problems–are getting in the way of you living life fully and with a sense of freedom in your body. I help you to regain your health so you can feel great and free to enjoy life fully.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can discover where your best health has been hiding, I’d love to connect with you!
Apply for a complimentary Unstoppable Health Discovery Session bit.ly/schedulinghealth (subject to availability).
Until next time, I’m wishing you unstoppable health
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!