German chocolate heaven
I tried this new recipe out from Maria Emmerich’s blog for my daughter’s 2nd birthday and they were deelish!
You’ve gotta love chocolate and you’ve gotta love cream cheese…and coconut.
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 2/3 cup butter or coconut oil (I used butter)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used raw chocolate powder)
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 2 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (or coconut extract)
- 1 cup coconut flour
Ingredients for frosting:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 8 oz cream cheese or coconut cream (I used cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup Swerve (or 1/2 cup erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter (I used butter)
- 1 tsp coconut extract (oops, I forgot to put this in…it was still awesome)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (or more to taste)
How to make cupcakes:
For the cupcakes, melt the butter (or coconut oil) over medium heat in a saucepan. Add chocolate powder and mix well. Remove from heat and cool. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, coconut milk, sweetener, salt, and vanilla thoroughly. Slowly mix in chocolate mixture. Add coconut flour into batter and mix until it is very smooth. Spoon batter into lined cupcake pans until 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting. Makes 24 cupcakes.
How to make frosting:
Mix coconut milk, cream cheese, sweetener, coconut extract and butter until well combined and very smooth. I recommend using an electric mixer. Add vanilla, coconut, and pecans. Enjoy!
And on an unrelated subject, make sure to Vote YES on Prop 37 to LABEL GMO’s!!!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!