Enjoy this simple, delicious recipe!
- 3 cups green beans, washed and trimmed (optional cut in half)
- 2 Tablespoons ghee or butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced into quarters
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steam green beans till bright green al dente texture (if you don’t have a strainer insert, place green beans directly in 2 cups water)
Drain in strainer and rinse in cold water until completely cool
- Melt ghee or butter in large skillet and add garlic, medium heat
- In another pan, toast almonds on low-medium heat (make sure to stir regularly to avoid burning)
- Add green beans to garlic and ghee and cook for 3-5 minutes until done
- Top with almonds
- Serves 6.