I’ve always loved egg nog, but for me and so many people I care about, sugar is a real problem. And c’mon, it’s so easy to use the holidays as an excuse to revert to habits that just don’t get you to where you want to be with your health. My solution to this is to simply upgrade the recipe or tradition so that it’s aligned with what you truly want, not just what works in the moment.
If you love egg nog like I do, then you’re going to love this recipe upgrade! Instead of experiencing a sugar crash afterward, you can feel more energized and kick your metabolism into fat burning mode.
Fat Burning Keto Egg Nog
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 cups heavy cream (if you like it lighter then use 1.5 cups of cream and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk)
- 4 eggs (you may also use egg yolks only if you prefer)
- 3-4 tablespoons erythritol or Lakanto OR 35-48 drops SweetLeaf liquid stevia, plain or vanilla creme (to your desired sweetness liking)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg (fresh is best!)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: dash of MCT oil
How to: Blend all ingredients in blender or with a hand blender thoroughly. Serves 4.
Enjoy this great recipe. Happy Holidays!