Creamy Asparagus Soup (Paleo)
Omg, this soup is AMAZING!!
Full of ingredients to support the gut, lowering inflammation, and feed your healthy bacteria…plus, absolutely delicious. Thank you, Amy Myers for creating this recipe!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp ground)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups bone broth (or a combo of 4 cups water and 4 full scoops unflavored bone broth protein powder)
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, over medium to low heat, add olive oil and chopped onions to caramelize. Stir occasionally until caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add garlic, sea salt, and ginger, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim tips from asparagus and set off to the side for later. Remove woody ends of asparagus and discard. Cut remaining spears into 1-inch pieces.
- Add broth to the stock pot, and bring to a boil. Add asparagus stem pieces, reduce heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the asparagus stems are tender.
- While the stems are cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the asparagus tips and cook for 5 minutes until they are tender, but still crisp. Immediately move the asparagus tips to a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking. Set aside.
- Add coconut milk to broth. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Garnish with sea salt, black pepper, and reserved asparagus tips. You can also add fresh or dried chives and/or plain coconut milk yogurt to garnish.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!