Omg, this soup is AMAZING!!
Full of ingredients to support the gut, lowering inflammation, and feed your healthy bacteria…plus, absolutely delicious. Thank you, Amy Myers for creating this recipe!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp ground)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups bone broth (or a combo of 4 cups water and 4 full scoops unflavored bone broth protein powder)
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, over medium to low heat, add olive oil and chopped onions to caramelize. Stir occasionally until caramelized, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add garlic, sea salt, and ginger, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim tips from asparagus and set off to the side for later. Remove woody ends of asparagus and discard. Cut remaining spears into 1-inch pieces.
- Add broth to the stock pot, and bring to a boil. Add asparagus stem pieces, reduce heat, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the asparagus stems are tender.
- While the stems are cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the asparagus tips and cook for 5 minutes until they are tender, but still crisp. Immediately move the asparagus tips to a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking. Set aside.
- Add coconut milk to broth. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Garnish with sea salt, black pepper, and reserved asparagus tips. You can also add fresh or dried chives and/or plain coconut milk yogurt to garnish.