“CORNBREAD” STUFFING, Grainless & Low Carb
This recipe is from Maria Emmerich’s blog. Enjoy this grainless, low-carb stuffing alternative throughout the year.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 eggs (or 3 eggs and 1/3 cup coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
Cornbread How To:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl sift together the dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until very smooth. Grease a small bread pan and fill about 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. This can be made ahead and frozen.
- 1 pound ground sausage or bacon (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 cups crumbled “cornbread” (from above)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth (or more if you like a mushy stuffing)
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp sage
Traditional Cornbread Stuffing = 441 calories, 20g fat, 15g protein, 52 carbs, 4.3g fiber
“Healthified” Stuffing = 278 calories, 22g fat, 12.4g protein, 4.4 carbs, 2.2g fiber
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!