Blueberry Pear Scones
These scones are a yummy snack, mildly sweet with a little protein and plenty of healthy fat.
- 3 ¼ cups almond flour
- 6 oz organic cream cheese
- ½ cup frozen organic blueberries
- 3 organic chicken eggs
- 1/4 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 medium-sized organic pear, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 drops vanilla cream stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine almond flour, baking soda & powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, yogurt, and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix with electric mixer.
5. Stir in blueberries and pear slices.
6. Drop batter in large spoonfuls onto parchment paper (leave room to spread).
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned on top.
*If you prefer thicker scones, add 1/4-1/2 cup more almond meal. These scones would also be delicious with chocolate chips instead of pear slices. Mmm.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!