I’ve modified my traditional protein pancake to give it a better, less dense texture. Instead of using starchy flour which can raise blood sugar, contribute to weight imbalance, and cause energy to tank, I swap out a bit of the almond flour for coconut flour.
- 4 large organic chicken eggs (pasture-raised is best!)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- 2-4 tsps. coconut oil…my husband and I find that they are fluffier with 4 tsps.
- 1/2 cup or more blackberries
Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
Mix with a fork or whisk until smooth (smash up the blackberries a bit).
Heat a skillet over medium heat.
Melt coconut oil in pan and then pour most of it into mix, but leave about 1 tsp in the pan for cooking with.
Use a spoon to place batter into pan to make pancakes (silver dollar-sized work best).
Cook about 1 minute per side; flip.
Continue making batches and adding oil as needed.
Delicious topped with grass-fed butter and a little maple syrup or coconut syrup. Enjoy!