It is my pleasure to share my favorite cocoa recipe with you. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do! We don’t wait for special occasions to partake in it’s deliciousness: it’s so healthy, we don’t need any excuses! Between the cocoa powder (packed full of antioxidants, iron, magnesium, calcium and fiber), gelatin (high quality protein that’s easily digestible, collagen, and gut healing constituents), and raw dairy (probiotics, healthy fatty acids including CLA, and immune-boosting immunoglobulins), this cocoa packs an insane nutritional punch.
Be sure to check out the pictures below: I even brought cocoa powder, gelatin and stevia with me when we went to Germany last year so we could enjoy it on vacation 🙂
- 1 cup raw milk (full fat) or coconut milk
- 1 tsp-1 T of raw butter (you could also use coconut oil, MCT oil or ghee…or leave it out, it’ll still be yummy)
- 1 tsp.-1 T gelatin (Great Lakes)
- 1 T raw cocoa powder (I love Navitas Naturals or Divine Organics)
- 2 tsps. or more of chia seeds (optional)
- 1-2 tsps. ground cinnamon, dash of cayenne (optional for both taste and immune boosting benefits)
- Stevia to taste (1-4 drops Sweetleaf)
On low heat, add all ingredients and stir to blend as beverage warms. Cocoa powder and gelatin can get clumpy so don’t be shy when stirring. Optionally, add cinnamon or nutmeg to the cocoa once it’s in your mug.