Bec’s Cocoa Tonic
I’m sharing with you my favorite morning beverage recipe. I love this soothing drink for several reasons: it is high in digestible protein, soothing to the mucosal barrier (and therefore awesome for the immune system and for reducing inflammation), a good source of minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron; rich in important fat-soluble vitamins & fatty acids like CLA; oh and it is also delicious!
- 3/4 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 2 tsp-1 T Great Lakes Gelatin (beef or pork)
- 1 T cocoa powder (I prefer Navitas Naturals)
- 1 T raw butter (you can use unsalted organic butter, but raw butter has a very different flavor and provides additional benefits to the immune system-beneficial enzymes & bacteria)
- Optional: sweetener such as stevia or honey
- Add gelatin powder to a large mug and cover with cold water so that it dissolves completely (this is important! Otherwise you’ll have a very clumpy drink…you may need to mix with a spoon to make sure all the gelatin powder is covered with water).
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil.
- Add cocoa powder to the mug.
- Once the water boils, add to the mug and stir thoroughly to mix the cocoa and gelatin.
- Add the raw butter and stir well. Enjoy!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!