This dessert is FANTASTIC! Five wholesome ingredients, simple prep, and amazing taste make this dessert one you’ve got to try. Thank you The Sour Path Is The Sweetest! We will be cooking this in Paleo-inspired Desserts Cooking Class this Wed, April 1st at 6pm at the west side New Leaf so come join us for a taste test.
Ingredients for custard:
- 3/4 cup salted pasture butter (OR 3/4 cup coconut oil + about 3/8 tsp salt)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 pastured eggs
- Warm the honey and butter until just melted.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until blended and foamy (30-60 secs). Mixture will be thin.
- Pour into a greased 9″ round pan and bake at 275 degrees for 85-90 minutes, or until the center is set and barely starting to brown.
- While cooking the custard will puff up, but it will deflate when you take it out of the oven.
- Let cool before cutting and serve with whipped cream or coconut cream if desired. YUM!