I lucked into a new family tradition recently by making bacon on Thanksgiving morning on my ceramic baking pan. As I sliced Brussels sprouts in half to bake for our family dinner, my attention was diverted to the bacon fat covered baking dish and I thought, “Hmm, I bet these Brussels sprouts would taste so awesome cooked in that bacon fat…and it’ll make my kitchen clean up easier!”
So here’s what you do:
- Wash 1 lb of organic Brussels sprouts off and let dry in collander before slicing in half.
- Pour Brussels sprouts on bacon fat pan (which means you’ve got to join me in this new tradition of making bacon for breakfast on Thanksgiving).
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top for flavor complexity, about 1 Tbs.
- Slice 2 garlic cloves in half and add to the mix.
- Thinly slice 1 leek over sprouts.
- Get your hands dirty: mix it all up so that the Brussels sprouts are covered in the delicious mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins on 250.
- Take off foil and broil on low for 2-5 mins until outside of sprouts are slightly crispy.
Enjoy! These are the best Brussels sprouts I’ve ever had. Noms.