Are you a soup lover? I am! I can eat it year round, but the winter is an especially great time to enjoy soup for several reasons:
- You can slow cook it all day long so it’s perfect when you’re feeling time crunched with holiday preparations.
- It’s a great way to experiment with new vegetables or fiber rich beans/legumes.
- Bone broth is full of nutrients that support a healthy immune system (especially during cold and flu season).
- It’s hydrating and many of us don’t drink as much water when the weather is cooler.
- It’s easy to pack in a lot of nutrients/fiber/protein into soup to support healthy blood sugar, weight, and gut health!
Delicious & Nutritious Soup Recipes
Soup recipes are very customizable! I’m sharing my favorites with you here. Feel free to adjust the amount of protein or veggies to suit your needs–or swap out some ingredients if you have a food intolerance or sensitivity.
PRO TIP: One of my favorite things to do with soup is put a large handful of fresh greens like spinach or arugula into the bottom of the bowl before I put the soup in to pack some extra nutritional punch! Topping with fresh herbs is also an excellent way to add vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants! Consider various types of parsley, cilantro, rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, dill, turmeric and more.
I think of chili as a thick soup so I am including it here. Depending on your body’s response to starch and beans in particular, you may wish to adjust the veggies and meat UP and the beans DOWN. While beans are loaded with nutrients and fiber, if they cause your blood sugar to spike, then a lower volume of them makes sense for you.
I hope you enjoy these delicious and nutritious recipes and that you add them into your recipe rotation.
It is my passion to work with people like you whose health symptoms are getting in the way of you living life fully and with a sense of freedom in your body. I can help you to regain your health so you can feel great and free to enjoy life fully.
Know someone who could use my help? I’d love to connect with them!
Send them my way by sharing my calendar link http:// http://bit.ly/schedulinghealth–They can beat the New Year’s rush and apply for a complimentary Unstoppable Health Discovery Session here (subject to availability).
Until next time, I’m wishing you unstoppable health and happiest holidays!