10 health boosting holiday gift ideas
Giving gifts that promote the health and well-being of those you love is a wonderful thing!
Are you drawing a blank? Here are 10 suggestions anyone will appreciate:
- Gift certificate to a local health food store. We’ve all got to eat right? New Leaf Community Markets, Deluxe Foods, Rainbow Grocery, Whole Foods and Staff of Life are some Bay Area options for healthy, organic food. For those who would prefer a gift certificate to a great organic restaurant, be sure to refer to the Santa Cruz Organic Dining Guide.
- Probiotic chocolate: Rich in minerals, Omega-3 fatty acids, and healthy bacteria, this chocolate offered by Beyond Organic is very healthy and delicious.
- Non-toxic cookware/bakeware: Okay, so not the most glamorous gift idea, but certainly one your loved ones will frequently appreciate. Exposure to harmful heavy metals like aluminum and chemicals in non-stick coating are damaging to our health and best replaced with glass, ceramic, titanium, stainless steel, or cast iron.
- One-on-one sessions with a personal trainer, dance instructor, ski or snowboard instructor, or running coach.
- Gym membership or punch card.
- Air purifying houseplant: Peace lilies, Boston ferns and English ivy are three of the top ten indoor houseplants for improving air quality.
- Spa treatment or acupuncture session.
- Non-toxic beauty products: Daily exposure makes it even more important to use quality products on skin, hair, mouth, and clothes. Use this guide to choose wisely.
- Gear to support healthy habits like workout clothes, glass or stainless steel water bottles, Vibram five finger shoes (strengthen foot musculature and balance), or Injinji Performance Toesocks (available at Sockshop & Shoe Company and online).
- Homemade or homegrown gifts: Veggies from your garden, spiced nuts or seeds, potpourri (lavender, rose petals, jasmine), flowers, or herbs all make excellent gifts.
Happy and healthy holidays!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!