Benjamin Franklin, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail” and this is especially true when it comes to having healthy snack options when you’re traveling!
I’ve done more than my share of traveling across the globe. What I’ve learned while traveling is that if I don’t bring healthy food along, sh*% happens. Can you relate? Someone gets “hangry”, flights are delayed, there’s traffic…you know how unpredictable traveling is! Everything feels worse if you are hungry and there’s nothing around to eat or all the options will make you feel like garbage. Who wants to start their vacation off like that?!
So today my friends, I’m going to share some tried and true travel snacks to support your energy, blood sugar, and peace of mind so that you enjoy your vacation even more.
Healthy Awesome Travel Snacks
- Toasted coconut flakes with sea salt (dang is a great brand)
- Plantain chips–I love the ones cooked in coconut oil like Terra.
- Nuts and seeds (buy them in bulk at the grocery store and portion into baggies OR buy them in individual sized portions): Favorites are raw or lightly roasted nuts and seeds like almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. Sea salt is great (skip the heavily salted ones that say “salt” versus “sea salt” in the ingredients).
- Sea Snax nori sheets
- Nut butter pouches (Unsweetened almond or peanut butter), coconut butter
- Jerky (Steve’s PaleoGoods, Epic, Krave, Nick’s, The New Primal, Brooklyn Biltong, Think Jerky–I recommend making sure any brand you buy be free of MSG, gluten and lots of sugar)
- Bars–I’m not the biggest fan of bars, but when you’re traveling, they can be a lifesaver! Some legit brands are JERF Bars, PaleoValley Collagen Bars, Primal Kitchen Bars, Harvest or Epic Bars
- Pork rinds (quality organic brands like Epic)
- And though there are many more options, I’ll end with this great cracker recipe (I often will quadruple the recipe before taking an overseas trip…and they’re usually gone within the week!).
I’m sure you’ll love these travel snack ideas as much as me and many of my clients do. Got your own that you’d like to share? Please email me and I’ll happily add it to the list. 🙂
Fun and healthy travels!