Who says that cravings have to be unhealthy? Years ago when I was pregnant, I had serious chocolate milkshake cravings for about a week. Luckily, this recipe did the trick without any nutritional backlash like crashing energy, skin breakouts, or sugar cravings.
- 1 cup whole raw cow’s milk (or milk alternative of choice such as coconut or almond)
- 1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream (or coconut cream)
- 2 T grass-fed collagen hydrolysate (to support blood sugar balance, healthy hair/skin/nails/connective tissue/bones)
- 1.5 T raw cacao powder
- 6 drops liquid chocolate stevia (plain or vanilla stevia is also delicious!)
- Ice (3/4 cup)
- A delicious option is to add a small, barely ripe banana to this mixture. If you don’t tolerate carbs well, leave it out.
Mix in a blender and enjoy!