Today I want to share 3 facts about your heart that you probably don’t know that could make a positive difference in your life.
Since becoming a HeartMath Resilience Coach, I’ve learned some amazing things about the human heart that you’ll be interested to know.
- Negative emotions like anger and frustration can create nervous system chaos, but positive emotions do the opposite. This is known as cortical inhibition.
- Positive emotions like gratitude, ease, and joy can increase your brain’s ability to make good decisions.
- The heart communicates more information to the brain, than the brain does to the heart. Through learning to manage your stress differently, you can actually change how your nervous system reacts to stress–translation–>you can change your baseline so that your normal day-to-day stress doesn’t take such a toll on your ability to focus and be creative, sustain your energy levels throughout the day, and feel more emotionally balanced.
Isn’t your heart awesome?! Now that you know what a key player your feelings play on your physical health and quality of life, here’s some action steps you can make to give yourself the advantage.
- Start your day appreciating something–pick whatever comes to mind and let yourself feel gratitude for a few seconds or as long as you like. This is part of Pleasure Meditation and you’ll notice how much better your day starts when you do this.
- When you take bathroom breaks, take a couple of deep breaths and reflect on what’s going right with your day so far.
- Find an excuse to laugh. A cascade of biochemical benefits occur when we laugh, so try to find some humor each day and get in a good belly laugh as often as possible.
Thanks for joining me and I’m wishing you a day filled with gratitude and playfulness!
In health & happiness,