When it’s pouring rain outside, don’t you just love tossing something delicious into the oven?
Here is a mouth-watering, easy recipe for you to try! Great as an appetizer, aside a salad or veggie side dish, or snack~and fun to prepare with friends or kids!
- 2 packages Applegate Farms organic pepperoni, large slices (or any brand that you love)
- 1 can organic pizza sauce (tomatoes get heavily sprayed with pesticides so go organic whenever you can)
- 1/2 lb-3/4 lb whole mozzarella, preferably organic, cut into cubes or slices about 1 inch wide or grated
- 1 cup fresh organic baby spinach
- Optional toppings: bell pepper, Italian sausage, mushrooms, olives, etc.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the pepperoni into mini pizzettes and fill both cookie sheets (use 2 slices stacked on top of each other; this is the “crust” of each pizzette).
- Add a dollop (1-2 teaspoons) of pizza sauce on top of each pizzette.
- Add 2-3 spinach leaves and then add desired amount of cheese.
- Bake at 375 until cheese melts (12-15 mins).
- Once on your plate, you can add additional toppings if you desire or enjoy as is!
Enjoying new & delicious, healthier recipes like this one helps you sustain your health improvements long-term without feeling deprived.
Until next time, I’m wishing you health & happiness!