I’m about to share with you the best dang chili recipe ever.
Why you’ll love it: it’s full of quality protein, fat, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants (basically all the building blocks your body LOVES.) Plus, it tastes wonderful!
Seven years ago, I had an insane beef chili craving that wouldn’t quit. I literally went through 2 1/2 pots of this chili, eating it for almost every meal for weeks (turns out, my body was telling me that I was pregnant!). Since then, it’s become tradition to make this chili for New Year’s. Here’s the recipe so you can enjoy it too! 🙂
- 4 cups dry beans: mixture of black, pinto, and adzuki (soak overnight, 8-24 hrs, in filtered water and 3 tablespoons of sea salt and rinse thoroughly)
- 5 large tomatoes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons organic hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon each of thyme and oregano
- Sea salt to taste
- Toppings: avocado, diced red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible!
- After soaking beans overnight and rinsing them completely, fill a pot with enough water so that it is 4 inches higher than the level of the beans.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sea salt and simmer with the lid on for 4 hours or until beans are soft.
- Next, chop up the bell pepper and tomatoes into small 1/2 inch pieces and dice the jalapeno peppers (seeds and all if you want it spicy). Add to the beans and crumble raw ground beef in as well.
- Add spices and simmer for another hour with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with desired toppings such as sliced avocado, chopped red onion, cheddar cheese and/or sour cream. Makes over 20 servings. ENJOY! 🙂