Butternut Squash or Sweet Potato Flatbread
By Empowered Sustenance
This recipe is SO amazing! Whenever we make it at my house, the batch gets tripled. Great texture, flavor and ingredients that support good health.
- 1 Tbs. coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. grassfed gelatin
- 3 Tbs. well cooked and mashed butternut squash (or sweet potato)
- 1 Tbs. butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (more or less to taste)
*(You can double the recipe if desired…and you really should)
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. (If the squash and butter is cold, you can stir them together in a saucepan over low heat to bring them to room temperature.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together the coconut flour and gelatin.
- Stir together the squash and the butter until smooth. Stir in the coconut flour/gelatin mixture until combined, then stir in the egg and sea salt.
- Spoon into rounds on the baking sheet. You can make these thinner or thicker– experiment and find what you prefer! I made them about 1/4 inch thick for the picture here, but I usually make them a bit thicker.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, then carefully peel them off the parchment paper and flip. Bake for another 5 minutes (or longer), until they are dry to the touch and pliable. (They will take longer to cook if they are thicker and they will cook faster if they are thinner… you know the drill.) Let cool completely, then enjoy within an hour or so of baking for the best texture. (Compliments of Empowered Sustenance)