This gelatin recipe is SUPER easy! With all the benefits of gelatin, I welcomed another opportunity for my family and I to include this healthy staple into our weekly regimen.
5 Awesome Gelatin Benefits:
1. Can improve digestion since it naturally binds to water and helps food move more easily though the digestive track.
2. Beneficial for joints, can decrease pain associated with arthritis, AND speeds up wound healing (high in amino acids glycine and proline–needed for healthy skin, nails, hair, immune system and body weight).
3. Supports skin, hair and nail growth.
4. Helps with quality of sleep since it’s high in glycine.
5. Weight Loss: It boosts Human Growth Hormone production and metabolism. We have the largest surge of Human Growth Hormone about 30-70 minutes before bed.
“To help with weight loss, do not eat 3 hours before bed to let the natural rise of Human Growth Hormone happen (or insulin will stop the natural rise) and consume at least 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder before bed. You can eat it plain, but I recommend mixing in to a cup of ‘sleepy time’ tea by dissolving at least 1 TBS in about 1/3 cup cold water and then adding 2/3 cup of the steeped tea. “(Maria Emmerich)
How To Make Healthy Summer Gelatin:
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 tsp unflavored gelatin, I use Great Lakes Gelatin (made from pastured cows or pigs, no hormones or antibiotics)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tea bags (berry, lemon ginger, pomegranate…whatever flavors you like!)
- Stevia to taste (8 drops) or 2 T erythritol
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp extract (lemon or strawberry, depending on tea flavor)
- In a small glass pyrex baking pan, pour 1 cup of cold water and add gelatin so that it softens while you boil the other cup of water.
- Boil 1 cup water and turn off heat.
- Add 3 tea bags to boiling water and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and squeeze out water from the bags before pouring over the cold water and gelatin.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate until set (about an hour). Cut into desired shapes and enjoy!